[caption id="attachment_10514" align="alignnone" width="225"] nu-edu-bd.net - The Largest Educational Portal in Bangladesh[/caption]
Internal Audit Department
The Internal Audit Department is established for the purpose of providing high quality auditing services under the active guidance and supervision of the honÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ble Vice-Chancellor with reasonable assurance that the financial control and service delivery systems throughout the University are adequate, transparent, efficient and cost-effective according to the regulatory framework, organizational policy and as per fair expectations of the stakeholders.
- To conduct Financial audit of accounts of the various funds of NU, namely: Recurring Fund, ADP Fund, Own Development Project Fund, General provident Fund, Staff Welfare Fund, House Building Loan Fund and other Fiduciary and Trust Funds;
- To undertake audit of the various administrative unit or on specific operational process of the University in order to evaluate the service performance during a given period of time;
- To conduct special investigations on any matter relating to the activities of the University, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s employeeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s or of any affiliated college;
- To conduct compliance audit regarding the enforcement of University Act, regulations, statutes and orders of the authority and the management;
- To co-ordinate with the Government audit team in performing their duties regarding NU audit and handling of audit objections raised by Office of the Comptroller & Auditor General (C&AG)/Public Accounts Committee of the National Parliament;
- To submit half yearly Report to the University Grants Commission regarding the settlement of audit objections;
- To attend bilateral/tripartite meeting organized by C&AG Office/Ministry of Education towards the settlement of audit objections;
- To render advisory services to the various administrative/academic units of NU regarding interpretations/explanations of Financial Rules/Orders/Statutes/Policies;
- To organize workshops /seminars regarding Financial control/discipline, Auditing and Accounting Standards and other related topics towards professional development;
- To keep close contact with National/ International Auditing/ Accounting Standards setting bodies and with the Internal Audit Offices of other reputed universities at home and abroad; and
- To carry out other specific duties as directed by the National University authorities.